Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Result Of Betsy's Pestering

Earlier this week, Betsy and I started our blogs on the same exact day at nearly the exact same time. She currently has like 45 posts and I have one post consisting of a whopping two words.

Betsy wants to know why I haven't posted anything yet.

Really, I don't know why. Maybe I have nothing to say yet. Maybe I wanted my first "real" post to be super-awesome. Maybe I'm lazy.

Let us take those three possibilities, throw in the Betsy factor, and arrange them into a little equation to explain the post that will follow:

Rich having nothing to say yet (+) Rich feeling lazy this afternoon (-) "super awesome" (x) Betsy's getting on my case about not posting anything (=) My iPod Random Playlist for 1/10/08

Setting my iPod to "shuffle songs" (there are currently 5,175 songs on my iPod) the first twenty tunes played were:

1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Foxey Lady

2. Pearl Jam - Alive

3. Bad Company - Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy

4. The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun

5. Charlie Rich - Behind Closed Doors

6. Ray Parker, Jr. - Ghostbusters

7. The Watchmen - No Longer Mine

8. Classics IV - Stormy

9. Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days

10. Fontella Bass - Rescue Me

11. Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man

12. Big Boy Pete - Cold Turkey

13. Des'ree - You Gotta Be

14. The Byrds - Lover Of The Bayou (Live)

15. The Koobas - The First Cut Is The Deepest

16. The Beach Boys - Lookin' At Tomorrow (A Welfare Song)

17. Steely Dan - Babylon Sisters

18. Boston - Rock & Roll Band

19. Chicago - Wishing You Were Here

20. The Dandy Warhols - Boys Better

And there you have it.

I want to comment on a few of the above songs.

"Stormy" by Classics IV is one of my all-time favorite songs and I never get tired of hearing it.

"Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen always bugged me with that line about the ex-high school ballplayer who could "throw that speedball." I've always known that particular pitch to be called a "fastball," but I didn't go to high school in New Jersey.

"You Gotta Be" by Des'ree will always, always remind me of this guy I went to high school with. I remember him singing this song while waiting for the bus one day and when I asked him why, he responded very simply, "I don't know. It just gets me pumped man." I have no idea why this has stuck with me all these years, but it has. I thought it was a funny response.

Lastly, "Lover Of The Bayou" by The Byrds is a knockout live performance and the song I point to when I name Gene Parsons among my all-time favorite drummers.

Well there you have it. Not going to win any awards for this post but considering I was just going to publish the list of twenty and be done with it, I think I've done a good job.

What do you think? Let me know by using the handy "comment" feature down there.

Until next time, here's a random picture of my dog to up the awesomeness around here.


4 comments:

Ms. Kitsch said...

"Stormy" came on while I was at Wegmans the other day. I was pretty stoked. I danced around the isle a little bit.

Anonymous said...

Beags!!!

Rich said...

Yes, Beags. Gotta love 'em.

Anonymous said...

Do I have to start pestering again?? :)